The Museum welcomes all visitors and is committed to making its programs and services accessible to everyone. We currently offer:
- Large-print labels for select exhibitions
- English and Spanish captions in most of our exhibition films
- Verbal imaging tours of select exhibitions
- COMTEK portable assistive listening receivers with headphones for programs in The Guild Room
- Listen Technologies portable assistive listening receivers with headphones for programs in the McCormick Theater. Four t-coil neck loops are also available (theater only).
- Sign language interpretation at our public programs; please contact us at least two weeks prior to the day of the event so that arrangements may be made.
- Accessible parking in the Museum’s lot at LaSalle and Stockton. Drop-offs are permitted at our main entrance on Clark Street.
- Button-activated doors at the south end of the main entrance
- Public elevator operating between all floors
- Wide restroom stalls with grab bars, as well as an accessible family restroom on the second floor
- Wheelchairs for your use free of charge; please inquire at the Ticket Desk. Supply is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- An accessible stage and seating locations with adjacent companion seating in the McCormick Theater
Please let us know how we can help make your visit more enjoyable. Contact us by e-mail at email@example.com, voice telephone at 312-642-4600, or TTY 1-800-526-0857.