Adult Group Visits
Experience history, together
Stories are always better when shared! Bring your group to the Chicago History Museum and walk in the footsteps of the city’s past on a private tour. Groups of ten or more adults receive a discount when reserving at least four weeks in advance.
Whether you are a professional tour operator, group planner, or you simply have a lot of friends and family, we have an experience for you. Customized itineraries, Museum tours, city tours, and a variety of lunch options are just some of the ways we can specialize your group’s visit. We also have virtual options.
Special Winter Offer!
Bring your group to the Chicago History Museum during January or February 2024 and enjoy $2 off per person for group admission and guided gallery tours! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book today.
Groups sales booked in January or February for other months do not qualify. Minimum of 10 people required; maximum varies for guided tours.
Our expert group sales team has carefully crafted private tours that tell Chicago’s story both inside the Museum and out in the city. You can also take a self-guided tour or enjoy a virtual experience with one of our experts.
- Subject to availability.
- For pricing, email: email@example.com.
- Please review specific guidelines for each tour; note that group size varies and must be adhered to for visitor, staff, and collection safety (no exceptions).
- No more than one tour per day.
- No children; students must be university level and up; when university student groups attend, teachers/professors must be present and engaged in managing the group.
- Because storage spaces are enclosed and can be congested, we request that those going on behind-the-scenes tours wear masks (just as we do for Abakanowicz Research Center visitors); if you don’t have a mask, one will be provided.
Explore Chicago history your way. Whether your group prefers a guided or self-guided gallery or walking tour—or even a scavenger hunt—you’ll find a unique way to experience the Chicago History Museum and the city’s fascinating stories.
City Walking Tours
Chicago is a city of neighborhoods—lace up your shoes and explore them on foot! Tours run 1.5 to 2 hours. For pricing, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tours subject to availability. Please schedule 4 weeks in advance. The following tours are offered spring through fall.
Delve into Chicago history from wherever you are! Our new exclusive lectures with Chicago History Museum curatorial staff can be enjoyed from the comfort of your home, your virtual office, or incorporated into your next virtual event.
Ready to Get Started?
Ready to Get Started?
Request Your Private Group Tour or Experience Here
Groups of ten or more—social organizations, hobbyists, even huge families—can enjoy savings by booking at least four weeks in advance.
Your group will have access to a dedicated entrance, including access for motor coaches and buses. A CHM representative will meet your group, answer any questions you may have, and get your visit off to a great start.