Careers at CHM
More than two hundred staff, volunteers, and interns work year-round to make the Chicago History Museum an inspiring place to share, learn, and engage with our community. Our staff, volunteers, and interns are passionate, dedicated, and always looking toward the future. We invite you to join our team!
The Chicago History Museum offers full-time, regular employees comprehensive and flexible benefits packages so that you can customize a plan that works for you.
- Choice of three PPO medical plans that include wellness plans
- Choice of two dental plans: one PPO and one HMO
- Vision coverage
- Life and accident insurance provided at no charge
- Long-term disability insurance provided at no charge
- Voluntary additional life insurance for you, your spouse, and/or child(ren)
- 401(k) plan
- Vacation and sick pay plans
- Paid holidays and personal days
- Two employee assistance programs (EAPs)
- Employee Health Advocate
- Discounts at the Museum Store and North & Clark Café
- Free or reduced admission to participating Chicago cultural institutions