This dynamic film presentation in our newly renovated theater transports visitors through major events in Chicago’s history. Feel the intensity of the Great Chicago Fire and splendor of the World’s Columbian Exposition. Explore the sights of bustling Maxwell Street in the 1950s and peer down from an I-beam of the Sears Tower in the 1970s. Relive Chicago sports victories and cheer on President Obama during his Grant Park victory speech. Running time: 27 minutes.
Monday, Wednesday–Friday: 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., and 2:30 p.m.
Tuesday: 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m., and 6:30 p.m.
Saturday: 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m., and 3:00 p.m.
Sunday: 1:00 and 3:00 p.m.
Modified screening times
- Monday–Tuesday, September 24–25: No screenings due to a private event.
- Wednesday, September 26: Final screening at 12:30 p.m. due to a private event.
- Thursday, October 4: Final screening at 12:30 p.m. due to a private event.
- Saturday, October 13: No screenings due to a private event.
- Sunday, October 28: No screenings due to a private event.
The theater renovation and film presentation are generously supported by a major grant from the Robert R. McCormick Foundation. Additional support provided by ComEd; the State of Illinois Department of Natural Resources Public Museum Capital Grant Program; The Daniel F. and Ada L. Rice Foundation; and Shure.