This dynamic film presentation in our newly renovated theater transports visitors through major events in Chicago’s history. Feel the intensity of the Great Chicago Fire and splendor of the World’s Columbian Exposition. Explore the sights of bustling Maxwell Street in the 1950s and peer down from an I-beam of the Sears Tower in the 1970s. Relive Chicago sports victories and cheer on President Obama during his Grant Park victory speech. Running time: 27 minutes.
Tuesday–Saturday: 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m., and 3:30 p.m.
Sunday: 12:30, 1:30, 2:30, 3:30, and 4:30 p.m.
* Modified screening times:
- Friday, March 3, last screening at 12:30 p.m. due to special programming
- Sunday, March 26, only 12:30 p.m. screening due to special programming
- Thursday, April 20, no screenings due to a private event
- Sunday, April 30, no screenings due to a private event
- Tuesday, June 6, no screenings due to a private event
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
The theater renovation and film presentation are generously supported by a major grant from the Robert R. McCormick Foundation. Additional support provided by ComEd; the State of Illinois Department of Natural Resources Public Museum Capital Grant Program; The Daniel F. and Ada L. Rice Foundation; and Shure.