Bus Tour | North by Northwest: Infamous Places in the Land Approaching O’Hare
Sunday, October 29
Delve into Chicago’s crime history with Richard Lindberg, author of the best-selling Return to the Scene of the Crime: A Guide to Infamous Places in Chicago and 19 other books. Head north by northwest toward O’Hare International Airport to explore local crime scene haunts and residences of some of Chicago’s most notorious lawbreakers, including:
- Depression Era desperado “Baby Face” Nelson
- The 1920s “Ragged Stranger” murder case solved by two crack “front page” newspaper reporters
- The hotel where O. J. Simpson checked in after the murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman
- Two locations tied to John Wayne Gacy
- The Schuessler-Peterson case detailed in Shattered Sense of Innocence: The 1955 Murders of Three Chicago Children (2007), coauthored by Lindberg and Gloria Jean Sykes
The tour includes several Prohibition-related locations, such as the former bowling alley where St. Valentine’s Day Massacre planner Jack “Machine Gun Jack” McGurn met his demise.
Tour runs 3.5 to 4 hours and begins and ends at the Chicago History Museum.
Masks are optional on bus tours. Learn more about our COVID-19 safety policies and procedures.