Explore the fountains of Lincoln Park and the Near North Side with Greg Borzo, author of Chicago’s Fabulous Fountains (2017). The city is home to more than 130 outdoor public fountains, and many of them have stories to tell. This tour is 5 miles of biking at a leisurely pace and ends in Streeterville, with stops including the Fountain Girl, Children’s Fountain, Jane Byrne Plaza Fountain, and Garth Fountain.
Tour runs 3 hours. Meet at the Chicago History Museum, 1601 N. Clark St., Chicago, IL 60614.
$25; $22.50 members
- Participants will be expected to sign a safety waiver.
- Participants should dress appropriately, wear a properly fitted helmet, and be prepared for an active biking tour through Chicago.
- Helmets are required. Those who do not wear helmets will not be allowed to participate. No exceptions or refunds.
- Participants are expected to be well-versed in city biking rules and bring their own functioning bicycles. CHM does not offer bicycles to rent.
- CHM opens at 12 p.m. on Sundays.