2022‒23 NHD Theme: “Frontiers in History: People, Places, Ideas”
The theme for the 2022‒23 History Day season is “Frontiers in History: People, Places, Ideas.” All projects competing at the Chicago Metro History Day regional contests must connect to this theme.
Are you a teacher looking for information about bringing History Day to your classroom? Visit our Educators page.
Explore the Theme
- Theme Narrative (PDF, excerpted from 2022‒23 NHD Theme Book) to start thinking about the theme
- 2022‒23 NHD Theme Book (PDF)
- “Frontiers in History: People, Places, Ideas” Graphic Organizer
- Explanatory video from NHD
- The NHD Theme Page has even more resources
Please note that there is no requirement for projects to relate to local (Chicago or Illinois) historical topics.