We Share Chicago Stories. Your Gift Makes It Possible.
Chicago has taken its place on the international stage, and we believe the Chicago History Museum should be every visitor’s first stop. The Museum is dedicated to sharing the stories that illuminate our city’s vivid history through education, exhibitions, and preserving our collection of historical items. We are doing so in record-breaking ways every day:
- The Museum was awarded the 2016 IMLS National Medal in honor of its outstanding service to Chicago communities.
- Attendance has increased by more than 20 percent
- Student visits have grown by 20 percent in recent years
- Student workshops at the Museum have doubled, with 4,500 students participating this past school year.
- The Museum has increased its service to the city, while keeping a balanced operating budget for more than eight years
- Home to more than 23 million objects, images, and documents, the Museum is acclaimed as one of the nation’s premier urban history organizations
None of this would be possible without your support! Your tax-deductible contribution in any amount helps preserve Chicago’s heritage and keeps it alive for generations to come.
If you would like to make a tax-deductible gift to the Chicago History Museum, please donate online, call the Development Office at 312-799-2110, fax us at 312-799-2410, or write to:
Director of Institutional Advancement
Chicago History Museum
1601 North Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60614–6038