Volunteer Open House
The Chicago History Museum is recruiting volunteers to inspire visitors of all ages to make meaningful and personal connections to history. Volunteers welcome students, facilitate hands-on activities, and more. No prior experience or expertise needed: just a friendly attitude and willingness to learn. The typical volunteer commitment is two to four mornings per month from approximately 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
As a Museum volunteer, you will have access to:
- Ongoing training and enrichment opportunities
- An active community of history lovers
- Free Museum admission for you and your guests
- Discounts on CHM programs and tours
- Discounts at the North & Clark Café and Museum Store
- Invitations to recognition events
- A free Museum membership after a year of service
Please join us to learn more about our volunteer opportunities. Meet current volunteers and staff. Engage with our experiences for students. Take a mini-tour of our exhibitions. Consider how CHM might be a good fit for you! Light refreshments will be served.
RSVP requested; please e-mail Marne Bariso, volunteer and intern manager, at [email protected].