History Happy Hour
Raise a glass to history!
Tuesday, April 30
Sick of the same old after-work grind? Grab your friends and head on over for History Happy Hour! This series features two drinks on us and activities highlighting our collection and exhibitions.
At this month’s History Happy Hour, meet the original influencers as you explore our newest exhibition Silver Screen to Mainstream: American Fashion in the 1930s and ’40s. Learn about the 1930s and ’40s with pop-up activations in the Silver Screen to Mainstream and Modern by Design: Chicago Streamlines America exhibitions. Chat with our Research Center staff about rarely-seen collection materials that will be on display. Old Forester will be on hand pouring specialty drinks and sampling their high-end whisky row. Live music by DJ Lunatik, Joe Policastro, Joel Paterson and Eric Schneider.
Join us, raise a glass, and learn more about this city you love!
Must be 21+ to purchase a ticket to History Happy Hour, which includes two complimentary drinks and Museum admission.
*Cash bar available
Specialty Drinks and Tastings
- “Bravo” – Old Forester 100 Proof Bourbon, Green Tea, Ginger Liqueur
- “Old Fo Old Fashioned” – Old Forester 86 Proof Bourbon, Old Forester Perfect Old Fashioned Syrup
- Whisky Row-Taste Through History
- Learn about the 1930s and ’40s with pop-up activations in Silver Screen to Mainstream and Modern by Design exhibitions.
- Chat with our Research Center staff about rarely-seen collections materials that will be on display.
- DJ Lunatik
- Joe Policastro, bass http://www.joepolicastro.com/
- Joel Paterson, guitar https://www.joelpaterson.com/
- Eric Schneider, sax/clarinet
Chicago History MuseumPurchase Tickets