2020-2021 NHD Theme: “Communication in History: The Key to Understanding”
The National History Day Theme for 2021 will be “Communication in History: The Key to Understanding.” For projects competing at the Chicago Metro History Fair regional contests, topics must connect to this theme. Check out these great resources to get started with this year’s theme:
- Theme Narrative (PDF, excerpted from 2021 NHD Theme Book) to start thinking about the theme
- NHD Theme Webinar recording
- Chicago-related topics suggestions
- 2021 NHD Theme Book (PDF)
- The NHD Theme Page has even more resources
Please note that as of 2020, there is no requirement for projects to relate to local (Chicago or Illinois) historical topics.