Be Amazed by Our Student Historians
The Chicago Metro History Fair invites you to serve as a judge at the 2020 History Fairs. You’ll do your part to support education as you enjoy and learn from local students’ exhibitions, documentaries, performances, websites, or papers. Online registration for 2020 judges is now open!
- “I fell in love with the kids. They were so excited about their topics!”
- “I learned something new from each of the projects I judged. I had a wonderful time.”
- “I judge because I know that History Fair offers students a great opportunity to do the kind of authentic in-depth learning that is not often available in the average curriculum and because I know the value of these kinds of experience for student personal and professional growth.”
2020 Judging Dates:
- Saturday, February 29, 2020: Senior Suburban Regional at Niles North High School
- Saturday, March 7, 2020: Senior City Regional at University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC)
- Saturday, March 28, 2020: Junior Regional at University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC)
- Tuesday, April 21, 2020: Senior Finals at Chicago History Museum (experienced judges only)
- Paper judging takes place on various dates at the Chicago History Museum
- Website judging takes place remotely
You may also print, complete, and mail in a hard copy of our judging brochure. Please mail to Chicago Metro History Fair, 1601 N. Clark St., Chicago, Illinois 60614-6038.
History Fair Judging FAQs
We trust you are convinced of this rewarding civic contribution. Judge registration is now open!
Judging a History Fair project
Judges who wish to preview judging materials and previous History Fair project examples are welcomed to do so. You may also take an advance look at the general orientation: “Judging a History Fair project.”
Website judges should read “How to Judge a History Fair website” thoroughly before judging.
To understand the interactive character of this project category, click here to watch a video with tips on how to judge a History Fair interactive website.
Junior Division Judging Materials (grades 6–8)
- Junior Division Scoring Rationale
- Junior Division Judging worksheet
- Junior Division Final Evaluation Form
High School Division Judging Materials (grades 9–12)