Be Amazed by our Student Historians
The Chicago Metro History Fair invites you to serve as a judge at the 2018 History Fairs. You’ll do your part to support education as you enjoy and learn from local students’ exhibitions, documentaries, performances, websites, or papers.
- “I fell in love with the kids. They were so excited about their topics!”
- “I learned something new from each of the projects I judged. I had a wonderful time.”
- “I judge because I know that History Fair offers students a great opportunity to do the kind of authentic in-depth learning that is not often available in the average curriculum and because I know the value of these kinds of experience for student personal and professional growth.”
History Fair Judging FAQs
Judging a History Fair project
Judges who wish to preview judging materials and previous History Fair project examples are welcomed to do so. You may also take an advance look at the general orientation: “Judging a History Fair project.”
Website judges should read “How to Judge a History Fair website” thoroughly before judging.
To understand the interactive character of this project category, click here to watch a video with tips on how to judge a History Fair interactive website.
Junior Division Judging Materials (grades 6-8)
- Junior Division Scoring Rationale
- Junior Division Judging worksheet
- Junior Division Final Evaluation Form
High School Division Judging Materials (grades 9-12)