All CMHF Regional History Fair contests will be held Virtually for the 2020-21 School Year (2021 contest season)! This page will provide resources about the project categories and registration process for the virtual History Fair contests.
If you are a student participating in the Chicago Metro History Fair Regional Contests (CMHF), you must read and follow the 2021 Student Registration and Submission Instructions.
Required Paperwork/Written Materials
Remember, ALL projects must include:
Read the 2021 Student Registration and Submission Instructions for details on which files to include for your project category.
Projects must be completely submitted in zFairs in accordance with the 2021 Student Registration and Submission Instructions by the following deadlines:
- High school students (Senior Division) who attend schools outside of the city of Chicago (Senior Suburban): Friday, February 19 at 11PM
- High school students (Senior Division) who attend schools in Chicago (Senior City): Friday, February 26 at 11PM
- All students grades 6-8 (Metro Junior): Wednesday, March 10 at 11PM
See examples of each project category (updated for 2021) on our CMHF examples page!
Registration for Judges is now open! Visit our Virtual Judging page learn more and to sign up!
All participating teachers may now register in zFairs! This allows teachers to view their students’ project submissions and evaluations directly in the zFairs system. Follow our Teacher Registration Instructions to register. View Project Allowances for the regional contests here.
Virtual Contest FAQs
- Will State and Nationals be virtual?
- State and Nationals will be virtual for 2021. Students who advance to the state and national contests will be using the same guidelines and evaluation forms at every level of competition. All contests, from the Chicagoland regionals to the national contest, will be held online in the zFairs contest system.
- Will there be student interviews at the Virtual Contests?
- Unfortunately, due to a combination of guidance from National History Day and restrictions on students’ participation in virtual meetings by various schools and districts, there will be no student-judge interviews at CMHF this year.