CMHF Professional Development
The Chicago Metro History Fair provides professional development opportunities to support teachers offering History Fair at their schools. All Professional Development for this school year will take place virtually – not in-person. Planned PD offerings for the 2020-21 school year include:
- Teacher Kickoff 2021: our signature annual event to help prepare and motivate you for the upcoming season!
- History Fair 101: learn all the basics of teaching History Fair in one session;
- NHDWebCentral Workshop: become a master of the NHD website building platform, NHDWebCentral;
- New Rules and Evaluations: take a deep dive into the brand-new NHD rules and evaluations. The fundamentals are the same, but you’ll learn about the key updates and differences.
- Ask Us Anything: drop in anytime during the session and ask your History Fair questions to CMHF staff!
- More to come!
Also be sure to check out the Chicago History Museum’s other Educator Programs, and watch this space for future History Fair PD opportunities!
NHD Professional Development
- National History Day offers a wealth of resources for working with the new website builder platform, NHDWebCentral. Includes resources updated for 2021! A CMHF-designed overview of the changes is coming soon.
- National History Day offers numerous online courses, many of which can be taken for graduate credit or audited.