This page is a resource for all students and teachers with projects that have qualified to compete in the 2020 Illinois History Day (IHD/State) contest, being held virtually in May and hosted by the The Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum.
All projects competing at IL History Day, other than Papers, must include a Process Paper.
Process Paper Resources
- CMHF’s Process Paper Guidance
- Process Paper webinar video (YouTube)
- Process Paper webinar presentation slides
Submitting the Process Paper
- IF YOU ARE MAKING REVISIONS TO YOUR PROJECT FOR STATE
- Re-submit along with the rest of your project via cmhf.wetransfer.com
- Do not share google files
- IF YOU ARE NOT MAKING REVISIONS TO YOUR PROJECT:
- Submit the Process Paper and Title Page via cmhf.wetransfer.com
- For websites, as always, simply update your website by the deadline (May 6). No need to submit your Process Paper directly to CMHF.
The rules at IL History Day differ in some important respects from those at CMHF. Most notably:
- A Process Paper is required for all projects, other than the Paper category (see the IHD rule)
- Annotated Bibliographies must divide sources into Primary and Secondary sources (IHD Rule #10)
- Website entries may contain no more than 1,200 visible, student-composed words (IHD Websites Rule #4)
- (Note that this is the same limit applied to projects competing at NHD/Nationals)
- Exhibit entries may contain no more than 2,500 student-composed words (IHD Exhibits Rule #2)
- (Note that exhibits competing at NHD/Nationals are limited to 500 student-composed words)
Projects competing at IHD are due into CMHF via WeTransfer by 6pm on May 6.
CMHF is requesting that all projects be submitted by May 6, so that we may ensure that all projects are in a format that is able to be judged by IHD Judges. CMHF is also handling certain compliance issues on behalf of all of our competing projects, such as completing the IHD Project Information Form and including it with your project. The absolute deadline by which all projects must be completely submitted to IL History Day is May 7 at 11:59PM. We cannot ensure that project submitted on May 7 are in compliance and cannot guarantee that they will be eligible to compete at IHD.