This page is dedicated to recognizing the outstanding achievements of student historians throughout the History Fair season!
Team Illinois 2021: View the complete list of projects/students representing Illinois at the NHD National Contest here!
Complete Illinois History Day Results
- Watch the results video here!
- 1:32 – what to expect, run of show
- 2:12 – Senior Division finalists
- 8:28 – Junior Division finalists
- 17:18 – Governor’s Award
- 18:28 – IHD Special Award winners
- 23:05 – NHD Qualifiers announced
- 30:18 – important news for NHD qualifiers
- View the results Slides presentation as a PDF here
The links above include State Finalists (which means a project was among the top projects in its category at IHD) as well as the NHD qualifiers. Remember, there are many outstanding projects at the State Contest, but only two projects per category can represent Team Illinois at NHD. Congratulations to all students who competed at the state contest this year!
Click here to view the 2021 Chicago Metro History Fair Special Awards winners’ list, including Special Awards for senior finalists and the History Fair in Action awards for all grade levels. Thank you to all of our nominees this year.
Students of the Week
For the 2021 season, CMHF recognized students who have shown their resilience, hard work, research skills, and enthusiasm throughout this History Fair season! We are proud of you, students! Student of the Week has now concluded for the 2021 season – check back next year for more amazing students!
All students have granted permission to use their names and photographs on our site. Are you a student or parent who would like to correct your information on this site or request to be removed? Contact us and we will respond to your request as quickly as possible!
Students who compete in the CMHF Regional contests may self-nominate their project for one or more of our History Fair in Action awards! Awards are a great way to allow more people to see your project, look great on school applications, and include cash prizes for students! Check out our Theme and Topics page for topic suggestions to get started!
- History in my Backyard Award: Projects that incorporate the student’s own identity, family, or neighborhood.
- Power of the People Award: Projects that highlight activism or organized protest for social justice and equity.
- United We Stand Award: Projects that focus on local/community organizations, especially in Chicago.
Check back here often as these awards could be changed or new awards added.